Explore fun and unique regressions, progression, and teaching hacks for some of the most challenging intermediate and advanced Reformer exercises. Through decades of teaching and practice, John has found fun and creative ways to teach some of the most difficult Reformer exercises. Learn some of the best secrets to creating that "aha" moment with your clients and classes.
2 HOURS | INTERMEDIATE
- Learn tips and skills to teach the exercises that are hard to do and teach.
- Learn unique progressions to help clients successfully and safely perform these challenging exercises.
- Discuss programming options for taking the exercises presented and putting them into workouts that will help the client achieve their fitness and Pilates goals.
- For the most challenging intermediate levels to teach, you’ll learn proper form and execution, the anatomy and biomechanics, regressions and progressions, and programming tips.
- Participants will better understand how to build up to challenging exercises for a safe and effective practice.
- Discuss programming and designing workouts for clients and classes, specifically how these exercises fit into a workout and program.
WHAT YOU’LL USE
About John Garey
John is the creator of John Garey TV—the most comprehensive online Pilates and Training Studio available. With over 35 years of experience in the fitness industry and 25 years of teaching Pilates, John not only reaches thousands online but has delivered his teachings to students and other instructors in over 20 countries worldwide. John is a sought after Teacher, Mentor, Speaker, and Trainer.
John earned his Master’s Degree in Physical Education from New York University. He’s studied extensively with Pilates legends such as Moira Merrithew, Elizabeth Larkham and Rael Isacowitz. He is certified by the Pilates Method Alliance, as well as a certified Personal Trainer from the American Council on Exercise. John created programs and workouts for some of the biggest names in Pilates and Fitness while also starring in hundreds of Fitness and Pilates videos. He has contributed to and appeared in many international publications, including Pilates Style Magazine, Men's Fitness, Shape, and GQ.
LIVE WORKSHOP DETAILS
We will send you a Zoom Link for the workshop 48 hours before as well as the workbook.
- This workshop counts for 2 NPCP CEC's. You will receive the CEC certificate within three days of attending.
- Can't make it live? The workshop will be recorded and made available for 30 days. If you are not attending the workshop live, you will still be eligible to receive CEC's but will have to take a quiz to prove participation after watching the recorded workshop.
- As to not miss out on the live teaching element, please ensure your zoom, computer and video are working properly prior to the workshop.
- This is a lecture demo and you can follow along with John as he teaches. If you have access to a reformer feel free to follow along with him.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected]